Feel like you need an escape? Want to experience gorgeous turquoise waters, stunning skyscrapers, incredible entertainment options, and luxury accommodations? Then a Dubai vacation is perfect for you! Dubai has everything from luxury, record-breaking buildings and entertainment to beach retreats and desert adventures.
Here are 10 reasons you should stop everything and head to Dubai:
- Burj Khalifa – When traveling to Dubai, seeing Burj Khalifa is a must! The world’s tallest skyscraper stands at over 828m and offers two observations points (124th floor and 148th floor). Most people take in the traditional 124th floor view and return to the bottom or perhaps stop for food at the 122nd floor restaurant. Go beyond the normal and get the VIP treatment by journeying to the 148th floor observatory!
- The Dubai Mall – Shopping may not be what you had in mind for your vacation, but hear me out. This luxury shopping complex is home to more than 1,200 stores, and it’s larger than 2 football fields. It’s something you have to experience to fully understand the richness and beauty of it. The mall also acts as a central point for many attractions. For example, you have to get to Burj Khalifa through the mall. However, shopping isn’t the only thing you can do here! Go ice skating, hit the slopes to ski or sled, see a movie, visit the aquarium and so much more!
- Palm Islands (Palm Jumeriah) – Sand, water, and luxury come together on this man-made palm island. Palm Jurmeriah is home to some of the most luxurious hotels and villas. Although much of the island is gated, there are a few areas you can kick back and relax on the beach. Be sure to come here for sunset; you won’t regret it!
- Dubai Fountain – Everything is more extravagant in Dubai, and their fountain show in-front of Burj Khalifa is no exception. The water dances gracefully, and the combination of music and lights is something you will want to watch late into the night. Walk the large lake to take in this show from a variety of angles and try to catch the show at night too!
- Explore the desert with a guide – Dubai is surrounded by desert land and it offers the perfect thrill for anyone looking to add a little adventure to their vacation. There are a few options for your desert excursion: 4×4 rides, sandboarding, and camel rides. Find a local company and see what tours they offer and what interests you most, but be sure to give these unique options a try. It’s a memory you’ll never forget!
- Dubai marina walk – Walk the marina, see the luxurious yachts, and take in the dazzling skyline in this beautiful city. This walk is perfect for an afternoon stroll before you sit down in a local cafe to glaze at the skyline. Tip: Walk the marina at night; all of the skyscrapers are lit up and the place is buzzing with locals and tourists.
- Old Dubai – Step outside those big city lights, flashy signs, and ever growing skyscrapers. Experience Dubai before the boom. Walk Bur Dubai to see the architecture Old Dubai was built on and truly experience the culture that is Dubai.
- Gold and Spike Souk – Looking to purchase some gold? Even if you aren’t, you will want to add this to your itinerary. Gold and Spike Souk is possibly the world’s largest collection of gold and diamonds in one location. Gold sold here is genuine and is tightly monitored by the government. Some people even say it’s the cheapest gold in the world.
- Jumeirah Mosque – Get a true cultural experience at this Muslim Mosque, open to non-muslims. Jumeirah Mosque is said to be the most photographed Mosque in Dubai, and when you see it in person you’ll understand why. As you tour this Mosque, you’ll learn about it’s history and the Islamic culture. Most tours conclude with a Q&A session where you are free to ask questions about the Islam culture.
- Fish Market – Get the catch of the day at Dubai’s fish market. Whether you are looking to take fish home for dinner or just want to experience true Dubai culture, this market is worth a visit. It has more to offer than just fish; vendors also sell fresh fruits and vegetables. Tip: Arrive early because this market will be packed!